Friday, June 4, 2010

Learn

Goodbyes are never easy. The ease of internet and to a lesser extent travel hasn't lessened the blow of physical parting. Until the day they create teleportation, goodbyes will always be hard.

24 hours on the move and counting. A whole day non-stop. The last time I'll do this on a decently regular basis. For awhile. Everyone around me are embarking on new journeys, tides turn, things change, realities form and reform. There's never a time that life decides to stand still, just for a moment. Bits and pieces get torn away from you as you leave yourself behind til all that's left is tiredness and 20 years added to your face. Or maybe I'm just a huge pessimist.

Nah, life really is more than that, you learn more as you grow and there's always regrowth. But maybe sometimes the purity of innocence is what gets lost along the way.

Are we the same people at 21? Perhaps a little older, a little wiser, a little more clear as our experiences back up our statements on life, "oh boy you ain't seen nothing yet."

I'm used to farewells, I'm used to having friends scattered across four continents and I know that if it were genuine we'd see each other again, because fate has her way of working. Sometimes the one furthest away from you is the most updated with you, the innermost thoughts and experiences conveyed in messages through chats so that when you finally do meet its as though you never left.

How long do you wait until you move on? How long does it take?

I sat locked in the four walls of Changi Transit Hotel and I broke down.

"It isn't another life, it's this life." Carpe diem, seize the day indeed. You remind me of myself in all the ways that I am proud of myself but you also magnified a lot of my weaknesses so that I could confront it. We were kinda chaos to the end.

For now I'll learn. Thank you for the memories, now its time to remind myself how to balance my own weight and let the embrace go for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment