Who knows what happens between two people? The little gestures, the time spent together. You can spend your whole life trying to describe a feeling, but it'll remain indescribable. It's a combination of everything, experiences, expectations, dreams, thoughts, feelings all explosively combined into something better than char kway teow.
Sometimes when you click, you really click. Its a see saw though isn't it? Someone has to feel a little more than the other and pretty soon you wonder when you knew life without the other person. Love does strange things to you, it can make someone move across continents, finding a different life-story to act out. Of course marriage doesn't seal any kind of deal, so much for death do us part right? Just as graduation seems to be some key into adulthood the blow of reality hits when you realize, no, not really, graduation is just...a rite of passage. It doesn't give you the key to anything, you have to earn it in the real world.
The more I ask for advice the more I realize no one really knows. Trust your instinct, be happy, follow your passions. Sometimes I think the only thing I'm good at is getting a good grade =S.
Ah Ann Arbor, who knew that 3 short years ago-sitting under a tree with Malaysians after just having learned how to sign up for classes for the very first time- would pass by in a blink of an eye? 2 summers, 3 winters, 1 spring.
I walked through the Diag oh about a month ago now, marvelling at how the leaves had sprouted again. I've never been in Ann Arbor long enough to see the greenery sprout, somehow every year I had this compelling need to rush home at the drop of a hat, why on earth?! I don't know now in hindsight. Then I got to thinking about how in September it was the last Festifall, bustling freshmen running around trying to figure out how to make their mark on campus. The Seniors manning the booths, slightly jaded by 3 years of college and experiences, memories, hopes, dreams. Recruitment season and the pain of rejection. Fark. If there's anything you fear it is that when you leave, you'll go unnoticed.
3 years ago I knew no one, there was one moment in time just walking to class where in the space of 20 meters I ran into three people I knew. Campus might have 40,000 people but sometimes all you need is one to make a difference.
You definitely made a mark on me more than anything else probably could. Maybe because for once I was happy. I have the theory there's always a person you want to be, the person you are and the person you perceive you are, and for once, they all tallied. Well that point didn't last too long did it? There's such a disjoint, always. Sometimes I wonder whether it's an injustice to my memories that I can attempt to move on this fast. Sometimes I just break down and have to start all over again. Whatever it is, I'm reconnecting with who I used to be, slowly but surely.
good post.
ReplyDelete