I've never ever ever ever been one to back down from competition. Never. If I think I'm good enough I am and even if I lose, it's because of some other factor that comes into play. That was my mentality when I was younger. Somehow age has tempered that irrationality a bit too much for my liking until now all I do is proceed with caution. A lot of caution. Too much caution!
I need that confidence, where the eff has it gone. I need that assurance that was once there, even without the results to prove it. Sometimes I think life teaches you to be bipolar, to split parts of you into sections and segments, to hide one part from the other, to blank out certain parts, to put on the blinkers as such. Sometimes for your own good, other times detrimental to who you are.
-Person you are at the core
-Person you'd like to be
-Person you are to others
When do they ever gel? Rarely.
No comments:
Post a Comment