Maybe half the problem is that we often live in memories. Replaying events, words said. If there's anything that will drive you nuts, it's probably holding onto something for a bit too long that it starts to burn. I'd rather live in the present.
I need to be challenged again. Find something that gets the blood racing, reconnect with things I love, like a sweaty saturday tennis match, or shooting hoops.
Partings when you force them seem to fake. It doesn't really hit you that you've said bye to someone until you're chatting to them online and realizing that, well parting doesn't mean goodbye forever. You'd still talk to the person, it's just that your lives aren't running alongside each other anymore, you aren't immersed in each others lives anymore like interwoven threads of fabric. You can't just call them up and tell them to meet you in 5 minutes.
But yes, you will still keep in contact, and slowly but surely as life goes on, you become less relevant to each other, and updates come in email lines, first regularly, then slowly sporadically.
I guess I've had enough experience with that, said goodbye to enough friends, but I understand how connections work. If its strong enough, it remains. It really does, which is why I'm less worried now about leaving this phase in life, because its not a do all, end all. Paths cross.
No comments:
Post a Comment