What can I say, the routine has well and truly been thrown off course. No more set schedules, worrying about exams/papers/studies. Summer has always been a time for a rest, for a recharge to the humming machine of school and life. It's scary that this machine for now has been put to rest. After...10 years.
I reached for Lulu's colourful notes in a cup a minute ago. Then returned the rolled up paper. I'll save it when I'm really lost.
I'm grasping at memories, days seem to pass so fast and memories are created minute by minute, hour by hour. I sit here in suspension for now, wishing for a certain day to get here, and at the same time knowing that once it does, that the moment I'll dread is around the corner too. So do I wish for it to come any faster? I don't know.
The past few days have been surreal. Did my 461 final. Went home, saw the boy, rushed to the airport to pick the 'rents. Dropped them off, decided on a whim to go clubbing for Xian's bday so made it to Necto by 12:40 where a very inebriated Lulu and Dian were having fun. Ah entertainment.
Friday was chaos with everyone running around doing stuff. Last minute decision to go to the Econ commencement with the parents then dinner after with the boy. Oh how I torture myself. Everyone was in the house by around 1am, with a grumpy Dian in tow. Was surreal that everyone was back again, together for once. Didn't sleep til 3.
6am came with chaos as lightning and thunder were booming outside and Kong called with the statement, it's raining. Malaysian style. The house woke up with loads of groans and moans. Me and Jin walked down with plastic bags over our heads. =.=" Not what I want to look like on one of the biggest days of my life. Ai. Milling around, we finally got on the field, decent seats...I guess. Everyone was taller in front, so it didn't particularly help.
Loads more running around taking pics with people, trying to find people, people trying to find me. By the end of it I was totally exhausted and conked out for 2 hours.
Graduation is a funny thing, the time where everyone isn't busy with work, but the worse time to try and round up everyone as the last minute rush of goodbyes are tampered with trying to fit as many people into as little a time as possible. It hasn't hit me yet but it will eventually that this really is the last time I'll see some people. One day.
How can you live in a moment when you realize it's going to be nothing more than a memory? How do you stay on a string of time that has a foreseeable end? How do you enjoy the now, right here? Can't you stop time for a bit? Seems like we're always on a rush. Always on a deadline. Always being chased by that alarm going off.
We've only just begun, can't you leave me in this little nook for now, time? Can't you forget about me for awhile.
How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd;
No comments:
Post a Comment