Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Hmm

The Bell Jar is a pretty good read, definitely recognizable as Sylvia Plath's writing through and through. Definitely not a read for when you're down though otherwise it might be a bit too overwhelming.

Monday. One week from today and it'll be my last day in Ann Arbor. For now, I'm just going to enjoy my time, attempt to finish the bucket list, sort out my life. For today, dinner with the girls and movie after, then shisha =).

Today, I took down the Christmas lights. My first step to pack up my life here. Everything kinda brings back memories, Christmas lights at 1009 church on a snowy day, under blankets, watching gossip girl. I physically sit here, but my mind is mentally mapping out everything I need to do over the next few days. Balance of severing all physical ties with this place and going all out with experiencing the things that are only ever done when you're on that last leg of time. Funny isn't it? 3 years of being here and there are still places I'm discovering that I need to go, things to do. Mainly food related of course. You never really appreciate things til you can't have or do them anymore.

Maybe that's why I hate leaving, the forced thoughts of "this is it, this is the last time I'm going to walk down this path, eat here, drink here." It wasn't really woven into the fabric of everyday life, but of course we all want to try new things before the chance is taken away from us.

Even after all the connections are gone. I'll have the memories.

Monday-Watched Babies with the girls and shisha sesh after.

No comments:

Post a Comment