Thursday, September 3, 2009

Peel

Fuck I have to leave in 2 days.

Fuck. I'm normally not so crudely expressive but that seems to be the most appropriate term to use.

Why do I not want to go back? Well, it's nothing to do with campus or the people there coz they're lovely people and I've had amazing times through the past 2 yrs that I have actually been there. I shall not comment on the weather tho, coz I'm the sort that forgets how terribly cold it is and complain when it gets too hot here, only to be reminded bout -degree winter.

Summer. It turned into a checkpoint. A reason to catch up with people who you don't see for months on end. Sometimes I wonder whether you could really ever stand the other person if you had to see them every single day. Besides the room-mate of course, but that's different!

We've all changed. I say I hate hypocrites and fake people who use people for their own benefit. Yet maybe that is a part of growing up? The nerd/geek that tries to start afresh in University, far away from people that knew them, a chance to wipe the slate clean. Maybe the only way we can truly progress is to separate ourselves from the people we've known in our formative years. Being away filters out the people who are genuine friends, and those who are merely acquaintances. Yet as we move through life we acquire circles of friends that overlap, change, connect, separate. People we couldn't bear the thought of not seeing for a day turn into distant memories of a good time, once upon a time. Who is the real you though? The ones that one bunch of friends knows, or the other that another bunch knows?

Maybe getting off the track and doing the things you never ever thought you'd do is the only way you're going to be happy with yourself. Surprise yourself.

And you find that you change too.

This summer has surprised me. It has been eventful and maybe I've finally grown up.


 And gotten the red highlights I've always wanted. =). In hindsight, should have asked for a brighter red!


I've learned to care less, to take things as they come, to stop planning.

1 comment: