Friday, August 28, 2009

This is a post about nothing really at all but I felt like posting therefore I will now proceed to spew gibberish (22)

Woo...2 months to my bday!

Today I shall talk about Titles. Titles are incredibly important things, after all, they are a whole book/plot boiled down to the very essence of what the whole story is going on about innit? In 10 words or less-I think it's 10 anyway...let's see, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows...Harry Potter and the Monkey's Behind....yup, anything below 7 really, but I guess "and the" don't really count so that'll be 4. I digress.

Titles probably make you want to pick up a book. "The Magic Faraway Tree"..."The Unbearable Lightness of Being"..."The Harmony Silk Factory". Of course you get the ones with the characters names likes "Hamlet" or "Othello", then again Shakespeare was never really creative with titles. How about "Emo dude with Oedipus complex who sees ghosts and proceeds to talk to a skull", or "Black man with anger management issues who kills his own wife because he believes she cheats on him". You don't need to trawl through 5 acts and 20383 scenes. I just summarised the plot lines already.

Then u get the brilliant ones like "Catcher in the Rye" or "Catch 22" which spawn a whole definition and enters the Oxford dictionary (aka Holy Bible of language) as an entry! Bootylicious!

I mean I really don't even pay attention to the blurb. A funky title is enough for me to at least pick the book up and have a look-see.

Yeah I don't even know why I'm writing about titles.

Summer is almost over, boohoo, its been a fun ride, and now I'm trying to cram in as much fun as I can into the last week or so before school officially starts. I shall now make resolutions for Senior year.

-Travel
-Cook properly
-Eat more fruits
-Exercise
-Build a snowman
-Friday pub nights
-Shop
-Earn $$$
-Work hard
-Get a job
-Watch American football!


Meh, general stuff really, but really I will not stress as much as I did Soph/Junior year. I SHALL NOT!

Squirrel (long pause).

No comments:

Post a Comment