Thursday, August 20, 2009

Satisfying Day


I've been on the move since 8am this morning handling miscelleneous stuff. Canadian Visa in the morning then the skin clinic to get my 4 months work of roaccutane (woohoo!). Then off to KLCC where Lixian didn't end up joining me =(, and I need to find friends who aren't working/studying and actually lepak-ing and wake up earlier than noon. Oh, and can drive.

So ended up watching District 9 alone, which was fine really, movie was disturbing to say the least, but excellent, really excellent. Made me leave the cinema checking that I wasn't turning into an alien or something. I can't believe I sympathized with a prawn.

Bought Elena's present after much debate, caught a slow lunch with sencha and a sandwich up in the coffee club , picked up the Visa (Niagara Falls here I come!) then headed home. Played tennis with Nat before it poured, bummed around her jacuzzi, ate dinns with her family then went to BV for Bisou cupcakes and Theobrama Hot Choco. Cupcakes were decent, still nothing to shout about, Hot Choco was good, but I think I'm gna stick with my Lady in Red for that extra kick! Bought a Herves Leger lookalike dress from Zara, was going cheap at RM 139, which I thought was a decent price. $$$ from internship is slowly depleting, owch. I'm not sure whether the extra $$$ I didn't realize I'd be getting was already in or not. Crap.

But wtv, earnings were there for spending =). I bought books!!! Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere" and Salman Rushdie's "The Enchantress of Florence". Tash Aw's new book was surprisingly expensive and I was feeling kiamsiap since I could get 2 books for his "Map of the Invisible World"...oh well, maybe another day!
I also went poledancing last night =). In a bar. No not really, it was a dance studio, involved short shorts, alot of muscle work...and burns. I am now obsessed with figuring out how to hang upside down on a pole....ultimate aim!!! Headed to Shisha with Isabelle and a couple of her friends after, was a nice relaxing couple of hours makan-ing. Bliss.

1 comment:

  1. I was there too. Had my banofee pie and some choc cupcake. And I tried cuppacakes. Bloody pricey. Oh and you're gonna love Neverwhere. Hunter's a lesbian. I like the part where they crash the party and eat stuff and people don't notice them. Its like a dream come true for me.

    ReplyDelete