It's been a hectic week flying to Bangkok, headed to Pattaya, which was full of sleazy old white guys with young Thai girls in tow. Lord knows I ain't going to put my 2 cents worth on that. One searches for carnal pleasure, the other for a means to survive. And maybe the draw-the-line to match the correct answers isn't as straightforward as you think it is. Hmm, that might be a theme to explore. Then to BKK for shopping therapy. It's getting old tho, after a while you tire of seeing all the same knockoffs. Of course got some excellent earrings, yay, I'm back on the earring binges again! And a cheapass silk dress for RM18!
Then this weekend saw Mei and Colin down in town where there was an impromptu detour to KLPAC for their Short+Sweet series which made me laugh/feel/think. Surprised to see a couple of familiar faces. But Unsaid should win I think, it's SO cute. And the guy is nerdy-cute too, kinda Asian Harry Potter quirkiness. The Junction aka the one with the pondan Indian guy in a Sari talking about pondan-ness (I went shopping Bitch) was heartfelt as it was unabashedly a laugh out loud slightly stereotypical portrayal of gays, with a predictable ending but still touching. I have come the conclusion that there are two styles of storyline. The totally out of the ordinary story and the predictable sequence/end that still has the effect to make you feel something even though it has been rehashed so many times. I think the 2nd one is harder, because it's something that has been done or seen before but to still make one think with the core material that has been repeated is probably harder than the wacky storyline. Or well, I guess both are hard.
Then today to the middle of nowhere i.e. Bianco for lunch after a nice morning of gymming and sunbathing by the pool under the glare of the noon sun. Bad for me I know, but I do slather on the sunscreen, wear a hat and put on my sunglasses. Murakami accompanied me. 2nd reading and I still don't understand the stories. But perhaps that's just the way it is.
It stormed. Been sometime since it's done that. Was refreshing. Then just at Zita's 20th bday affair, small and quiet at her house, but fun catching up with ppl. Time passed pretty fast, good party, and lovely singing wrapped up with animated Taboo, where I did the slamdunk with 6 in a minute =).
I also have found a bad addiction to Shisha. Bad. Very Bad. I am still on my quest for the perfect cupcake. Bisou cupcake to be tasted tomorrow.
Pole Dancing on Wednesday. Hopefully. Woot!
Tonight I shut off my alarm aka my Handphone, and wake up at whatever time I wake up. Bliss.
So I guess the fortune-tellers right
You don't seem to know seem to care what your heart is for.
No comments:
Post a Comment