Friday, June 17, 2011

Pizza Slices

Life is like a big pizza sliced into multiple pieces. Each piece is the person you are to someone else. Primary school friends, secondary school friends, college friends, colleagues, casual friends, work friends, student group friends, random friends, friends of friends.

As we progress through life do we really change? Or is there something below the surface that stays constant, certain fundamentals we hold true as manifestations of our trueselfs. Gladwell puts an interesting argument that environment accounts for far more than we give it credit for with expressing ourselves in our relations with others. That we can be sweet to someone, nasty to another, a grumpy monster to a third and an angel to the fourth. Depending on how PMS-el we are of course :).

I guess it's kinda true, at age 16 I thought I knew everything about who I was or what I wanted from life, and as I grew older, I've again realized that it's always in the state of flux. That what I want right now at this point in life is going to be far different from what I'll want at the age of 40. Funny thing is, I realize I'm willing to give a lot up. I never think it's healthy to be attached to something, lord knows life and friends and relations have changed so much that I can't help but admit I have grown up. But I guess we should never forget that feeling of discovering life for the first time.

海鸟跟鱼相爱 只是一场意外

No comments:

Post a Comment