The longer and longer I mull over things like, where I was, where I'm going, what I'm going to be, who I'm going to be with, how I'm going to get there, the more I realize that this year has been a bit of an eye opener because it has been serving as a template of sorts for what life could be like for a long time more (touch wood).
This year...this year...I had a nice discussion with R at A2's wedding this weekend over how life changes. For him, it's ranged from moving countries, moving jobs, finding jobs, discarding jobs, breaking up, travels...and everything in between. And the more I realize that everyone around me is still in such a flux. Embracing this constant change is what is going to define my 20's and hell, if I don't find ways to jazz it up a bit more.
Where next? Where next indeed. Travels in January/February, woot! Looking forward to reconnecting with Michigan girlies over tuk-tuk rides to 1000 year old temples. US/London travels perhaps? 2013, you're shaping up to be a good year too...if the Mayans weren't correct.
It's no longer a one-sided game of upstaging each other. It's a peace that comes with accepting that I don't want to feel a certain way anymore. Nor do I want and wish to force you to.
This year...this year...I had a nice discussion with R at A2's wedding this weekend over how life changes. For him, it's ranged from moving countries, moving jobs, finding jobs, discarding jobs, breaking up, travels...and everything in between. And the more I realize that everyone around me is still in such a flux. Embracing this constant change is what is going to define my 20's and hell, if I don't find ways to jazz it up a bit more.
Where next? Where next indeed. Travels in January/February, woot! Looking forward to reconnecting with Michigan girlies over tuk-tuk rides to 1000 year old temples. US/London travels perhaps? 2013, you're shaping up to be a good year too...if the Mayans weren't correct.
It's no longer a one-sided game of upstaging each other. It's a peace that comes with accepting that I don't want to feel a certain way anymore. Nor do I want and wish to force you to.
No comments:
Post a Comment