I'm probably the worse person to teach high-schoolers:
1) I don't remember whatever it is they are learning now =S
2) Staring at the facts been force fed to them, it just makes me want to say to them, eff this...it counts for nothing anyway. All it does is test your memory prowess. Getting a job is much more than that.
Senioritis to the max max.
I used to derive so much motivation from aiming for the top grades, but what for? Just seems like the slog is getting harder and I'm not getting any pleasure from the outcome anyway.
Have you ever stared down into the abyss, willing yourself to fall? That's it really, isn't it? We spend our lives barricading ourselves from feeling, from the worse things that can happen to us, when all we really want to do is fall into it with open arms. Maybe then we can stop the worrying that someday, something bad will happen to us.
No comments:
Post a Comment