Hi 2012,
Dragon year, 24. The year the world would end supposedly. You started out so nice, a pool-side read with the Hobbit and book-ended with the Hobbit Part 1 movie at the end of the year. You were a year I wanted to seize, to capture and to note down every key event possible. A year for me to never say no, but rather be spontaneous and do things. Things that would look good on film, that would be dug out over and over again as memories of a 'time that used to be'. Whether it be sneaking on creaking balconies ninja-style at 2 am in the morning, weekend sojourns to luxury Bali estates, eating the best Gelato in the world under the shadows of monomental millenia old buildings, diving at temple of the seas'. I went around the world and back and had a great time all around.
I was sad you were leaving me really, at the cusp of the end I didn't know how to set goals anymore, I didn't know 'what next'. I wanted something different for this year, but I realized, hey, why don't I just continue what I've been doing. There really are moments that don't need anything changing, moments that are so spontaneous that all you can do is make sure you create the right circumstances for them to happen again. Like saying yes to almost everything.
Growth. That word would sum you up. Growth and challenges.
Goodbye. I will miss you, however I also know that you were a prototype of sorts. What next, what next indeed.
x
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!'"
-Hunter S. Thompson
Now 2012, what shall I do with you?
1) Get promoted
2) Run a half marathon
3) Travel to someplace new
4) Kick bootcamp ass!
5) Keep saving money!
DONE!
Dragon year, 24. The year the world would end supposedly. You started out so nice, a pool-side read with the Hobbit and book-ended with the Hobbit Part 1 movie at the end of the year. You were a year I wanted to seize, to capture and to note down every key event possible. A year for me to never say no, but rather be spontaneous and do things. Things that would look good on film, that would be dug out over and over again as memories of a 'time that used to be'. Whether it be sneaking on creaking balconies ninja-style at 2 am in the morning, weekend sojourns to luxury Bali estates, eating the best Gelato in the world under the shadows of monomental millenia old buildings, diving at temple of the seas'. I went around the world and back and had a great time all around.
I was sad you were leaving me really, at the cusp of the end I didn't know how to set goals anymore, I didn't know 'what next'. I wanted something different for this year, but I realized, hey, why don't I just continue what I've been doing. There really are moments that don't need anything changing, moments that are so spontaneous that all you can do is make sure you create the right circumstances for them to happen again. Like saying yes to almost everything.
Growth. That word would sum you up. Growth and challenges.
Goodbye. I will miss you, however I also know that you were a prototype of sorts. What next, what next indeed.
x
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming 'WOO HOO what a ride!'"
-Hunter S. Thompson
Now 2012, what shall I do with you?
2) Run a half marathon
3) Travel to someplace new
4) Kick bootcamp ass!
5) Keep saving money!
DONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment