Distance isn't just merely measured in miles or kilometers. It's measured in experiences, choices and changes. Watching The Vow this weekend got me thinking that if I ever rewound myself in time and found myself in the mental state of say, 15 year old me, 18 year old me, or 21 year old me, I don't think I've actually changed too much. Or maybe I have and I just havn't noticed it. After all change is probably dictated more by the people around you and your interactions that tell you 'you dance different', or, 'you look different'.
A 2 hour flight, or even 20 hour flight seems like nothing, it's only x hours of your life. But what's waiting in the reunion at the end is often far more than the effort that it takes monetary and time wise. It's a will to want to see that person at the end of the line, who might now be no more than a stranger to you. And maybe then you separate the true friends from the ones that were nothing more than fleeting meetings, no matter how much they once meant to you at that point in time.
And sometimes you find yourself in 'surreal, but nice' moments. Where it seems like time stood still and you're back to 16 year old you laughing over memories. Things never change.
Who do you really want by your side?
No comments:
Post a Comment