Countless times on flights through the years and buzzing of people connecting, leaving, arriving. Forever? New lands, a gateway to experiences that profoundly change your outlook on life, escape.
Airports, bar the horrendous invasion of privacy at every level and the terrifying obsession to check for passport and boarding pass every 5 minutes -'just in case'- leaves time for me to think. To observe the microcosm of the world swirling around me, wondering to what purpose people are traveling, what are their stories?
And being dropped off at airport gates with the knowledge that only fate and time will co-ordinate your next meeting. There's a certain sadness to it, a come what may feeling that lingers for sometime. So what if there's great technology? That does not help me get the hug I want when I want it, the dance I would like to have. Right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment