Friday, August 26, 2011

Not on my turf

The moment something doesn't affect us personally is the moment that we just don't care about it, or any of its outcomes.

Simple as that. If toll rates don't affect me, I don't care. If I don't have to worry about paying for xyz, then I just don't care. Selfish? Maybe?

We should increase minimum charges for hospitals from RM 1 to RM 3. Enough to raise a hue and cry right? Perhaps, depends on where you stand on anything, if I was prepared to pay RM 300, that would be the best discount in the world. If I was prepared to pay RM 0, that is 100% above my WTP and I object. If I am the person who can barely afford to pay for my dinner (and most likely correlated with unhealthy outcomes and sickness therefore making me the main subject requiring these treatments to begin with), then I'm in serious trouble.

But the truth is, it doesn't affect me, and I don't care. General take innit?

No comments:

Post a Comment