Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Turning Tables

Sitting in the children's section of Borders listening to you read me Dr Seuss made me realize that all the time, effort and annoyance were actually, well...worth it.

A pretty woman moment alright.

And again I left, this time knowing that I'm not left with questions, only closure, because this time we parted as friends, every saga has its end. Last year was easy, this year was complex, when I realize that if I can't have someone wholly I rather not have them at all. That is my conclusion, while paradoxically you opened every Pandora's box of emotion, so did you make me realize that I'll be fine without the support you gave.

I no longer run to you with my chaos, you aren't the one I rely on anymore because in your absence, I steeled myself to the fact that you can give so much over to someone and yet still walk away from it relatively whole.

The Tango still rocked, the music still rocked, the shared laughter still rocked, I loved the reconnection over the music, the dance, the movements. So that is life and growing up is it? Walking away from things that make you happy, being able to let go, just let go, rather than whining over things you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment