Lazy lazy Sunday sleep-in. Week off work. Possible tennis playing later+dinner with friends+movie=bliss.
CNY around the corner and catch-up family time. It's been years. Just elated to be unleashed from work for a bit. Plus plenty to look forward to in February with Gil visiting =). April Tango Fest and May AA visiting.
I started thinking bout how much it costs me time and money wise just to fly back for 2 weeks and then I realized screw that. Seeing people I haven't seen in ages is just priceless and oh so worth it. Looking forward!
It takes so long for me sometimes to come up with things to write for this blog. It's been sometime since I've written anything substantial and 'meaty' but I think that is what happens when life starts to resemble a jigsaw divided into weekend oasis and monday blues, tuesday blahs, wednesday midweeks, thursdays not quite there and friday hurrahs. And repeat.
River of time back and forth and sometimes its as though I've been standing still all this while. Everything that's changed has come from others and less so from me.
But if I ask myself one question, am I happy? I guess I am. Finally. The little things in life make me happy. Seeing old friends and the fact we can still be in touch through time, through changes, through geographical challenges makes me happy. Tango makes me happy. Chinese New Year snacks makes me VERY happy. Rain makes me happy..until I'm meant to go play tennis and can't =.=. Sitting by the pool with a book and my mp3 makes me happy.
Chugga-chug.
Maybe it's good to realize after 20 years of having set milestones placed in front of me I'm finally free of it.

No comments:
Post a Comment