"Tom: People don't realize this, but loneliness is underrated."
Maybe so. After a bit too much chatting with girlfriends about life, love and not too many laughs this time round why is there this perpetual nagging feeling that we need to be coupled up or that we're running at some ever closing door hoping to slip through before *shock horror* we're over the goddamn metaphorical hill?
Effing relationships and confusion just leads to both parties in a worse mental health of state than before. Granted, there is nothing like the first blush of meeting which generally either descends into quite a bit of disappointment, or in other cases compromise. I cannot believe I have reverted back to cynical self *smack*.
No, relationships definitely need work but maybe first you need to find the person to work with! Am I breathing after all this? Yup. Am I living? Yup. Do I have fun? Sometimes if it isn't a late night at work. Generally I'm functioning, but often I catch a hint of 'in an alternate universe, YOU would be here with me still'. And that's where it gets a little haywire.
Because sometimes I wish you would miss me the way I miss you. Conversations getting stunted and I don't know what to do about it.
I want to be woo-ed goddamnit. I like equality but sometimes a girl has to feel pampered.

No comments:
Post a Comment