Friday, July 31, 2009

Weekend

Penultimate weekend to the end of my internship! I think I'm actually going to miss working...well, some aspect of it...

It's starting to become more dire as I ponder my future. Between me, Cristabel and Lilian we're going to be majorly stressed next year as we start to compile lists of jobs that are open, presentations to go to, networking stuff happening. At least Lulu is a US citizen, me and Cris aren't! I mean working back home does have its pros, but for sure it has its cons as well.

And can I really stand facing the million and one application forms? Questions like "Why do you want to work for xyz company? What are your strengths, what experience do you have?" CHRIST I effing dnt know!? Your company just appears in the media alot and you're like 200 yrs established and you pay well. DUH. But no, of course not, you put on that big plastered smile and think up some complete lie like "ohhhhh, because I am so fascinated with xyz industry and I've done xyz in school."

The weakness part always trips me up, I have a feeling that that's gna be my complete downfall. But in all honesty a weakness of mine is definitely being quite stubborn and adament in my opinions. I also don't take criticism well, or lying down. Which is definitely going to cost me a lot in the future. I'm sorry but I can't be the model robot employee....

I think its such a struggle to go from something that defines your self worth, within your control i.e. your studies/grades/extracurriculars, and having in a sense to sell yourself off in order to fit in with a company's profile or 'type'. I really wonder why I chose such a generic subject such as econs again. But I guess that's what trying to grow up is like isn't it? Learning how to sacrifice.

If I were a kid I could throw a tantrum and no one would care. If I threw a tantrum now everyone would immediately stare at me and go "act your age".

Anyway, busy weekend up ahead, tennis 2moz in the morning then Tsai Chin's concert at night, woohoo! Then dno what wedding dinner on Sunday night then next weekend Lulu's in town!!! yayyy

Spent yesterday going to the dermatologist when I decided I couldn't handle what was happening with my skin anymore. Watched Pelham 123 with Miko and Hema. Great movie that. Travolta ain't a bad actor but his voice still isn't that commanding esp. when he starts yelling, it kinda goes up a couple of tones. very ungangsterlike. Denzel Washington seems to have put on a few pounds...HAH, thought the guy who was the head of the team seemed familiar, he was in Transformers as the ex CIA guy...

Celebrated Hema's bday early at Nerovivo. Was a bit of a disappointment, either that or dnt let the friends order food =S. But Neroteca still is prob. the best one of the lot.

Headed to Lecka Lecka outside starhill after, yeah so much for gelato? Has somehow turned into a bar-restaurant-shisha place for Arab tourists? But shisha was good, paid 3x more than Hartamas Square. SHEESH. So much for location =S. Might bring Lulu there when she's down.

Got home around 11:30pm and went to work today. Tiredness.

Getting a bit annoyed at people who obviously get my message but don't bother replying. Well thanks. Just leave my invite on the table waiting for another (better) option to come along b4 replying. Or how bout this. Just don't reply at all. This is the last time I'm gna send out invites.

No comments:

Post a Comment