After many years of being a loyal xanga fan I decided to be a traitor and switch over to the blogger.com blogs. GASP. I kind of like how blogspot segregates posts into relevant categories and has a better layout than xanga. It's been a great 6 years with the phatfam site but I guess I thought I needed some change. As always. But mehopes the xanga site stays there forever coz I relive a treasure trove of memories wondering through the posts.
Hmmm, so this is a continuation of my post on Yasmin Ahmed. Not really about her death but more to do about death in general. I think the hardest deaths to deal with are the sudden ones, because it just leaves so many questions unanswered, so many what-ifs. It's a sad reminder to us that perhaps one day we too will be gone just as sudden, plucked out of our lifes journey. I suddenly have a mental image of the 3fates cutting the golden string ala cartoon Hercules...I have yet to have a direct friend/relation pass away barring my grandparents but I was too young to know better then. Touch wood I will not face that god-awful gut wrenching moment anytime in the near future.
Part of growing up also means losing many you love. I can't imagine how many people my parents have seen gone in their lifetime already. My mums' accounts of her cousins/relations all passing away one by one, until suddenly they realize that her generation is now the oldest ones alive. Time is a relentless foe and the only one that will always win. Much like the odds that the house always wins. At least theres that one sliver of chance that you'll get the million dollar payout but with death there are no odds.
Maybe that will teach us to live our life on the edge. Yet another paradox in the sense that it always takes opposites to enhance each other. Without death there would be no life, without despair there would not be hope. So I'm running away, quitting school and finding an island to live on fish. Mm, Sashimi!
I had a bath with candles and Mei's handmade bathbombs. Mmm, bliss. Now am slowly feeling the sandman throwing his sleepdust into my eyes so I shall end this with...
白天不懂夜的黑
No comments:
Post a Comment