2 months into Yoga and I'm thinking this is my new Tango. I still entirely miss Bootcamp and would run back to it at once if I'm heading back to KL, but Yoga somehow allows me to connect on another level between my mind and body.
Results? A far conscientious effort to want to exercise and stretch. An awareness of what I am eating and putting into my own body. A need to want to overcome the harmful effects of sitting in front of a computer for 8 hour stretches. Above all, a damn determination to want to be able to do a headstand/split/wtv acrobatic balancing there is. Toes, you shall be my best friend some day.
I have always been curious as to why it is so hard to "do the right thing" when it comes to health and choices. Does it fundamentally boil down to what is easily accessible? Cheap? Self-gratifying? Addictive? All of the above? Likely.
But everything we do in life is a consequence of a choice, and ultimately, I am led to believe these are all choices within our control. Barring all talk on DNA or family or friends or life circumstances, everything we do has an element of our own choice in it, and therefore it is reversible. If we want to seize it with both hands and make it our own.
Results? A far conscientious effort to want to exercise and stretch. An awareness of what I am eating and putting into my own body. A need to want to overcome the harmful effects of sitting in front of a computer for 8 hour stretches. Above all, a damn determination to want to be able to do a headstand/split/wtv acrobatic balancing there is. Toes, you shall be my best friend some day.
I have always been curious as to why it is so hard to "do the right thing" when it comes to health and choices. Does it fundamentally boil down to what is easily accessible? Cheap? Self-gratifying? Addictive? All of the above? Likely.
But everything we do in life is a consequence of a choice, and ultimately, I am led to believe these are all choices within our control. Barring all talk on DNA or family or friends or life circumstances, everything we do has an element of our own choice in it, and therefore it is reversible. If we want to seize it with both hands and make it our own.
No comments:
Post a Comment