Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Mad Men Finale

I cannot believe it's the start of the final season. But before I start lamenting the end of one of the greatest shows I've watched, there's still a full 7 episodes to predict, dissect and figure out for this year and 7 more for next. Shows and books often show you why it's better to leave things to the imagination rather than being too literal, after all, the moment it lingers for too long then it plunges into being quite a bit boring and more like real life than anything else.

It was painful to watch the opening. Don don don, like Harvey Spector but 40 years previously, confident, mysterious, old school charm and looks-left broken on a lonely apartment balcony on a wintry January night. Eeps, how far you have come.

"Mad men is a show about how we never really get over our own shit, instead, the best any of us can do is learn to accept our shit and work within the boundaries of our own paradigms."~tomandlorenzo

No comments:

Post a Comment