There's always a necessity to just take a step back and breathe. The world likes to interfere with your state of mind, what with running around day in a day out with a hamster wheel of tasks to do, pay bills, do work, shower, workout, meet friends, dance and repeat for the rest of your life.Sometimes all it takes is a quiet moment to reconnect with yourself and your own expectations, hopes, dreams, disappointments, fears, and with each breath just...release.
I've always been someone who cannot pause. Illustrated by my busy first quarter schedule of 2014 thus far. This has always manifested itself in the way I express myself through music and dance, always rushing, taking a step too quick, instead of savouring and languishing in the pull of a ritardando, a pause or silence. Forever off-tempo and off-kilter just ever so slightly. Always, breathe before you make the move and don't ever just fall into it.
In other news, finally got a breakthrough in Pole. I've realised I cannot go into it when I am exhausted from bootcamp or gym because I cannot hold my own weight as a result and end up more bruised than ever since I'm reliant on body parts pressed against poles to hold me up. Was contemplating not continuing but since I finally can climb the damn thing I'll keep it up and see where it goes.
No comments:
Post a Comment