It's been entertaining having new people join in for Tango, because it allows me again and again to retrace the steps from the beginning, from recreating (as much as possible) that earnest-ness that comes with trying to do what is now simple, but was terribly hard to begin with.
Someone (or a few people) have told me that I'm dedicated, and anyone who hears my weekly schedule often questions my sanity. Two words can thrown around. "Why?" and "How?".
The "How" is easily addressed, just cut into your sleep hours and maximize your nights. Simple enough. Before I started work, I could not imagine being shackled to a chair for most of the daylight hours, however, the longer I work, the more I realize how much of a routine it has become. What's most important though, is just letting go, every day. I often find stepping away from a problem, from tasks and coming back to them refreshed the next day makes it so much easy to accomplish and in far more efficient time as well. "How", is about maximizing your hours, about constantly telling yourself that, if not now, then when?
The "Why" is a bit more troubling to explain, and cuts a bit deeper. The "Why" sometimes is because I don't want to be left alone. The "Why" is about sometimes feeling inadequete, this deep-seated feeling that everyone else is charging ahead and you're left immobile as the world rushes around you. It's always feeling like you're 'missing out' on something. There's a whole world of difference between being alone, and being lonely, and sometimes it tips just too much in the favour of the latter.
Someone (or a few people) have told me that I'm dedicated, and anyone who hears my weekly schedule often questions my sanity. Two words can thrown around. "Why?" and "How?".
The "How" is easily addressed, just cut into your sleep hours and maximize your nights. Simple enough. Before I started work, I could not imagine being shackled to a chair for most of the daylight hours, however, the longer I work, the more I realize how much of a routine it has become. What's most important though, is just letting go, every day. I often find stepping away from a problem, from tasks and coming back to them refreshed the next day makes it so much easy to accomplish and in far more efficient time as well. "How", is about maximizing your hours, about constantly telling yourself that, if not now, then when?
The "Why" is a bit more troubling to explain, and cuts a bit deeper. The "Why" sometimes is because I don't want to be left alone. The "Why" is about sometimes feeling inadequete, this deep-seated feeling that everyone else is charging ahead and you're left immobile as the world rushes around you. It's always feeling like you're 'missing out' on something. There's a whole world of difference between being alone, and being lonely, and sometimes it tips just too much in the favour of the latter.

No comments:
Post a Comment