Thursday, December 30, 2010

Finale

Browsing the papers today brought a tinge of nostalgia. 2000-2010 was effectively the years that I was aware of things happening in the world and a growing understanding of how I fit into it and how I want to chart the next couple of decades of life. Effectively, the start of this century were the years of growth, mentally and physically, the teenage years. It's fitting that I finish all my studies at the wrap up of this decade and embark upon a career that who knows where will end.

Looking at the events of the past years, it's funny how the only way I remember certain events happening are by placing myself in the context of where I was when that event seemed all consuming. Drama class yr 8 for 9/11, Yr 11 end for London 7/7 bombings, Harry Potter Book 7 07/07/07 final yr of high school, Sichuan Earthquake during a fundraiser at Ann Arbor, Avatar screening for the Haiti Earthquake, sitting in Penang learning bout Yasmin Ahmad's death, YHO meeting for learning that Heath Ledger had died and so on and so forth. Events that seem so long ago yet were just mere years ago.

Resolution time!

1) Develop in the job
2) Keep up fitness levels and run a marathon
3) Continue Tango
4) Save Money
5) Keep up friendships

Simple. I'm quite content really.

No comments:

Post a Comment