Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Scrub-a-dub-dub

Just about had the best shower of my life after 12 hrs of hectic bus riding from NYC. Never, ever will I travel with people from China AGAIN.

Perhaps it's too strong, but I seriously swear some of those people were the most uncouth I've ever met. It's this mentality of looking out for oneself that causes that one track mind. Which is very sad because as a Chinese I know how the traditions that we're supposedly brought up under expound the virtues of benevolence, brotherhood, family and all that stuff. Unfortunately that only seems to apply when the person you're helping can somehow repay you back, or at least you do it with some thought that you're being the better person. Human beings are selfish selfish creatures.

Getting older isn't helping me in any way either, it just reinforces what I realized for some time already, that it's easy to slip into a lackadaisical mood, to settle for less, to accept injustices as a norm just...because. To believe that you can't do something within your own power. It's sickening.

Which brings me to my resolutions for 2010.

These were last years'
1) Get even fitter
2)Get an internship
3) Keep on cooking
4) Keep grades up up up!
5) Take Chances

Decently done. I give myself a B+ for 2009. Grades veered dangerously to an abyss but sheer friggin hard work steered it back on course at the expense of my sanity and messing up my final week of 2009.

2010:

1) Ace Tango!
2) Learn how to stress less in life
3) Be healthier
4) Get my Magna Cum Laude!!!!
5) Keep updated with the people who matter to me
6) Live

Resolutions are funny things, can't be too specific, yet attempting to be all-encompassing. I think it's a decent set I've chosen, perhaps not to be accomplished in a year, but in a lifetime.

Everyone believes that a new year brings new beginnings. Perhaps a self-fulfilling prophecy in a way, but I guess I've begun to realize that things don't really "end" or begin as such on the calendar date. But it puts you in the right frame of mind to bring change to yourself, actively.

Better than nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment